Monday, July 18, 2011

Cobb Salad

Cobb SaladThis is hardly an original recipe, but it's one of my favorites. And I love the fact that I no longer have to feel slightly guilty for loading up my greens with bacon and cheese. Yum. I personally prefer my salads with just a sprinkle of freshly ground pepper and salt, but you can add a low-carb red-wine vinaigrette or ranch, if you prefer.

1 head Romaine lettuce, chopped (1¼ lbs)
12 oz bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 medium tomato, diced (7 oz)
8 hardboiled eggs, halved
2 avocados, sliced (10 oz)
1 c grated Romano cheese (2 oz)

  1. Fill 8 bowls with lettuce
  2. Arrange bacon, tomato, eggs, avocado slices, and cheese over top of lettuce
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 bowl
Serving per Recipe 8
Amount per Serving
Calories 255
Total Fat 19.7 g
  Saturated Fat 5.7 g
  Polyunsaturated Fat 2.6 g
  Monounsaturated Fat 9.6 g
Cholesterol 203 mg
Sodium 358 mg
Potassium 656 mg
Total Carbohydrates 7.2 g
  Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
  Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 14.5 g

No comments:

Post a Comment