Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Almond Butter Cookies

Almond Butter CookieThis recipe is especially for my dad. Years ago, after he'd stopped eating wheat products, I saw a flourless peanut butter cookie recipe in a magazine and sent it to him. He thanked me, but told me he was also unable to eat peanut butter. In the back of my mind, I'd always meant to make an almond butter version, and here it finally is. I hope you enjoy them, Dad!

1 c almond butter (9 oz)
1 T butter
3 T honey
¼ t salt
1 egg
½ t baking soda
½ t vanilla
  1. Beat together all ingredients until smooth.
  2. Roll into 1½” balls and flatten with a fork.
  3. Bake at 350°F for 9-11 min until they have lightened and look slightly dry on top.
  4. Let cool for 1-2 min on pan before transferring to cooling rack.
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 cookie
Serving per Recipe 12
Amount per Serving
Calories 152
Total Fat 12.2 g
  Saturated Fat 1.5 g
  Polyunsaturated Fat 2.7 g
  Monounsaturated Fat 7.4 g
Cholesterol 3 mg
Sodium 180 mg
Potassium 162 mg
Total Carbohydrates 8.5 g
  Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
  Sugars 5.4 g
Protein 4.7 g

No comments:

Post a Comment