½ lb bacon
½ c diced onion (3 oz)
2 cloves garlic, minced
6 cups fresh spinach, stems removed (7 oz)
½ t salt
½ t pepper
¾ c almond milk
4 oz goat cheese crumbles, divided
- Fry bacon until crisp. Drain and crumble, reserving 2 T grease.
- Sauté onions in reserved grease over medium high heat until soft, 6-8 min.
- Add garlic and spinach, cooking for another 2-3 min or until onions are translucent.
- Beat eggs with salt and pepper until frothy. Add milk and beat another 1-2 min.
- Fold in bacon, spinach mixture, and half the cheese.
- Pour into a well-greased 9-in springform* pan lined with parchment. Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top.
- Place springform pan on top of a baking sheet and bake at 400°F for 45 min or until top is golden and a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let frittata cool in pan for 5-10 minutes before removing and slicing. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Bacon Asparagus Frittata: Substitute asparagus for the spinach. Chop into ½-1" pieces and sauté with the onions.
|Serving Size 1 slice|
Serving per Recipe 8
|Amount per Serving |
Total Fat 18.0 g
Saturated Fat 7.0 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2.4 g
Monounsaturated Fat 7.0 g
Cholesterol 294 mg
Sodium 471 mg
Potassium 331 mg
Total Carbohydrates 2.8 g
Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 15.4 g