Monday, August 22, 2011

Raspberries and Cream Smoothies

Raspberries and Cream SmoothieI never used much sweetener in my smoothies, but I did tend to prefer fruits that have a high concentration of natural sugars, such as bananas. Here is my low-carb version of an old favorite. I made it most recently as a treat for my daughter who was disappointed to have missed out on the ice cream truck at the zoo.

1¼ c frozen raspberries (6 oz)
¾ c heavy cream
¼ c shredded coconut (1 oz)
½ t vanilla
1 t honey
  1. Blend together all ingredients until smooth.
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size ½ c
Serving per Recipe 4
Amount per Serving
Calories 151
Total Fat 13.1 g
  Saturated Fat 9.2 g
  Polyunsaturated Fat 0.4 g
  Monounsaturated Fat 2.4 g
Cholesterol 31 mg
Sodium 11 mg
Potassium 83 mg
Total Carbohydrates 8.7 g
  Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
  Sugars 2.0 g
Protein 0.9 g

No comments:

Post a Comment