Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Apple Pecan Chicken Salad

Apple Pecan Chicken SaladThis is my has been my standard chicken salad recipe for a while now, with one small change: I usually make it with almonds. We had some extra pecans in the cupboard this week, so I threw those in instead. Positively delicious. I may be buying pecans regularly from now on just for this dish. My 6-year-old daughter ate half a recipe all by herself!

1 c diced apple (5 oz)
2½ c cooked diced chicken (12 oz)
½ c chopped pecans (2 oz)
½ c mayonnaise
1 t mustard
½ t salt
¼ t pepper
  1. Stir all ingredients together until well blended.
  2. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 c (¼ recipe)
Serving per Recipe 4
Amount per Serving
Calories 381
Total Fat 31.3 g
  Saturated Fat 4.2 g
  Polyunsaturated Fat 3.3 g
  Monounsaturated Fat 6.1 g
Cholesterol 57 mg
Sodium 500 mg
Potassium 298 mg
Total Carbohydrates 4.3 g
  Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
  Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 21.2 g

No comments:

Post a Comment