Thursday, August 4, 2011

Peanut Butter Banana Muffins

Peanut Butter Banana MuffinsBananas are pretty much my son's favorite food. At 20 months old, he eats one (and sometimes two or three) every day. And if I try to give him a "naked" banana, he complains and tries to sign "peanut butter" with his hands full of banana. We were running low on almonds the other day and I figured I could try making a peanut butter base for my banana muffins. I thought they were even better than my original recipe. My daughter (6) seemed to agree. She asked for three of them at breakfast.

⅔ c peanut butter (6 oz)
4 eggs
4 T butter
1½ t baking powder
1 t cinnamon
¾ c mashed banana (6 oz)
  1. Combine everything but bananas in blender and puree until smooth
  2. Stir in bananas and divide equally among 6 well-greased jumbo* muffin cups
  3. Bake at 350°F for 60 min
*NOTE: You could also make this recipe in a standard-sized muffin pan. Divide the batter equally among the 12 cups and bake for about half the time.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 jumbo muffin (or 2 standard muffins)
Serving per Recipe 6
Amount per Serving
Calories 308
Total Fat 25.2 g
  Saturated Fat 7.9 g
  Polyunsaturated Fat 5.4 g
  Monounsaturated Fat 10.3 g
Cholesterol 144 mg
Sodium 454 mg
Potassium 349 mg
Total Carbohydrates 13.3 g
  Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
  Sugars 4.7 g
Protein 11.2 g

No comments:

Post a Comment