Friday, August 5, 2011

Coconut Fudge Brownies

Coconut Fudge BrownieBrownies have long been one of my favorite whip-it-up-at-the-last-minute, I-need-a-chocolate-fix treats. After I went low-carb, I was a little sad that, having finally gotten my recipe for chocolate brownies perfected, I wouldn't be using it anymore. Still, I took a deep breath and started mixing up some lower-carb ingredients. While I'm still experimenting to see just how close I can get to the perfect high-carb version, this recipe has turned into a particular family favorite. We like them best frozen.

⅓ c almond butter (3 oz)
⅓ c cocoa powder
½ c shredded coconut (1 oz)
1 egg
¼ c butter, softened
3 T honey
3 T heavy cream
¼ t salt
  1. Beat together all ingredients until smooth and well combined.
  2. Pour batter into an ungreased 8x8 pan.
  3. Bake at 375°F for 18-20 minutes, or until the center is set.
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 brownie
Serving per Recipe 9
Amount per Serving
Calories 176
Total Fat 15.0 g
  Saturated Fat 7.0 g
  Polyunsaturated Fat 1.6 g
  Monounsaturated Fat 5.4 g
Cholesterol 41 mg
Sodium 145 mg
Potassium 136 mg
Total Carbohydrates 10.2 g
  Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
  Sugars 6.5 g
Protein 3.6 g

No comments:

Post a Comment