1½ c finely ground almond flour (6 oz)
½ t salt
2 T cold butter
1 egg white
2 T ice water (approximately)
- Combine almond flour, salt, and butter with a pastry blender or a fork until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Beat egg white with 2 t water and stir into flour mixture.
- Add remaining water 1 t at a time just until dough comes together.
- Press evenly into a 10” tart pan or pie plate.
1 T butter
1½ T honey
½ t cinnamon
¼ t nutmeg
1 egg yolk
3 apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced (12 oz)
- Melt together butter, spices, and honey over low heat.
- Beat egg yolk, pouring butter mixture in a thin stream until fully incorporated.
- Add apple slices and stir to coat.
- Arrange apples in an even layer atop crust.
- Cover loosely with foil and bake in a preheated 400°F oven for 30 min.
- Remove foil and bake an additional 10 min or until crust is golden and apples are tender.
|Serving Size 1 slice|
Serving per Recipe 8
|Amount per Serving |
Total Fat 15.5 g
Saturated Fat 3.7 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.3 g
Monounsaturated Fat 1.4 g
Cholesterol 35 mg
Sodium 186 mg
Potassium 203 mg
Total Carbohydrates 12.7 g
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
Sugars 8.3 g
Protein 5.4 g