Friday, September 9, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter Candies

Chocolate Peanut Butter CandiesWhen I found a recipe for homemade chocolate peanut butter cups recently, I wanted to try it immediately. The only problem was I didn't have any chocolate in the house. Well, that and the fact that each piece contains a full day's worth of carbs. I decided to make my own version and skip the cup entirely. This is now my new favorite chocolate candy!

3 T cocoa powder
1½ T butter, softened
1 T honey
3 T peanut butter
1 T heavy cream
  1. Beat 2½ T cocoa powder with other ingredients until smooth.
  2. Place in the freezer for 20-30 min until chocolate has set.
  3. Spread remaining cocoa powder in a flat dish.
  4. Remove mixture from freezer and form 1-in balls.
  5. Roll in cocoa powder to coat.
  6. Store in refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 candy
Serving per Recipe 9
Amount per Serving
Calories 69
Total Fat 5.4 g
  Saturated Fat 2.2 g
  Polyunsaturated Fat 0.1 g
  Monounsaturated Fat 0.8 g
Cholesterol 7 mg
Sodium 35 mg
Potassium 31 mg
Total Carbohydrates 3.9 g
  Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
  Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 1.7 g

No comments:

Post a Comment