Monday, December 12, 2011

Pumpkin Pie Waffles

Pumpkin Pie WafflesI made my own pumpkin pie spice blend this year and it smells so wonderful, I've been using it for as many different pumpkiny foods as I can manage. These waffles were inspired by my new favorite spice and a leftover jack-o-lantern pumpkin that had been sitting on my counter.

1¼ c pecan halves (4½ oz)
4 T oil
1 t baking soda
1 t vinegar
½ t salt
4 eggs
¾ c mashed pumpkin (6 oz)
1 t pumpkin pie spice
¼ c dates (1½ oz)
  1. Puree together all ingredients until smooth
  2. Pour onto ungreased waffle iron by half-cup measure
  3. Bake each waffle for 2½-3 min or until golden
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 round waffle
Serving per Recipe 5
Amount per Serving
Calories 574
Total Fat 48.8 g
  Saturated Fat 16.9 g
  Polyunsaturated Fat 9.6 g
  Monounsaturated Fat 18.8 g
Cholesterol 719 mg
Sodium 837 mg
Potassium 513 mg
Total Carbohydrates 11.8 g
  Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
  Sugars 6.8 g
Protein 26.9 g

No comments:

Post a Comment